Membership Requirement #5
Jesus Christ is my Lord and Savior, and I believe that He is one
with the Father and the Holy Spirit ~ they are a Triune God. I believe
all the following tennants of the Christian faith (this is the Nicene
Creed, which is an official early Church expansion of the Apostles Creed
that Protestants and Catholics profess):
- I believe in one God, the Father, the Almighty,
maker of heaven and earth, and of all that is, seen and unseen.
- I believe in one Lord, Jesus Christ,
the only Son of God, eternally begotten of the Father,
God from God, Light from Light, true God from true God,
begotten, not made, of one Being with the Father.
Through him all things were made.
- For us men and for our salvation, Jesus came down from heaven:
by the power of the Holy Spirit
he was born of the Virgin Mary, and became man.
- For our sake, Jesus was crucified under Pontius Pilate;
he suffered died and was buried.
- On the third day Jesus rose again in fulfillment of the Scriptures.
- Jesus ascended into heaven and is seated at the right hand of the
- Jesus will come again in glory to judge the living and the dead,
and his kingdom will have no end.
- I believe in the Holy Spirit, the Lord, the giver of life,
who proceeds from the Father and the Son.
With the Father and the Son he is worshipped and glorified.
- The Holy Spirit has spoken through the Prophets.
- I believe in one holy catholic [i.e., universal] and apostolic Church.
- I acknowledge one baptism for the forgiveness of sins.
- I look for the resurrection of the dead, and the life of the world